Chicago’s Black Business Network has been supporting Startups and Small Business Owners since 2008.

Reprinted from a previous interview.

Today, we are interviewing Sonja Cassandra Perdue, founder and CEO of Chicago's Black Business Network. Chicago's Black Business Network has been supporting startups and small business owners since 2008.

Please tell us something about yourself.

Since 2008, I've been at the helm of Chicago's Black Business Network (CBBN) and what a ride that has been. CBBN is a social media management and training organization.

How did you get into what you do right now?

In 2007, I was laid off as a Mortgage Consultant, as were thousands. One day, I came across what is called NING. Some of you may remember that social network from back then. And, it said, push this button if you want to create a website, and I pushed the button. Purchased the domain and started to invite people.

It was my intention to build a referral base, just in case, I decided to write loans again. But things turned out a little bit different.

We started hosting events around Chicago. We created an offshoot called Chicago's Black Business RADIO Network, where we've completed more than 300 podcasts. And all of it is about supporting the small business owner.

What's your most memorable experience?

I think that being the lead coordinator for the first Black Wall Street National Convention, was one of the most memorial experiences for my organization, in its early days. It was the first. It was for three days. And I'd never completed such a huge project. It was quite a challenge.

Where do you see your company in the future?

Well, I think it's more about where do I see myself. I'm currently a licensed insurance agent in the State of Illinois, and one of the offshoots of that is another organization that I've formed called The Family Ambassador Program. It's all about building strong families and creating generational wealth. Let's put an end to generational poverty.

How can people connect with you?

You can connect via Instagram @ChicagoBusinessBuzz.



Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home Business Niches

All about Chicago business and more. Tools and news that you can use now!

New Chicago Tourism Destination “Karaoke on the Avenue” opening soon in the Austin community.